Followers

Thursday 22 March 2018

Meet the Frugalwoods



I was very excited to receive this in the post yesterday. It arrived just as I had no library books left to read and the Kindle needed re-charging, so I was delighted !

I ordered a copy using a Swagbucks voucher well before Christmas and although the book was only published on 6th March I still felt that it took quite a time for Amazon to send it out. It is a smart hardback book with a very high-quality dust cover, which I suppose you can expect from a book that costs over $20, so glad I got it for nothing !

I have been following the Frugalwoods blog for several years and thoroughly recommend it, especially the case studies where readers can chip in about how people can reach their financial goals, the latest one was about life in Australia.

I haven't finished the book yet but largely it is the story of how they achieved their financial goals through frugality and moved out of the city to a homestead in the woods. Not a goal that is possible over here in only three years, which is how long they took ! I think two urban US salaries helped with that as well as being quite savvy, for instance they knew how to rig up their own soda stream machine !

The real strength in the book for me is that it makes me question why I'm doing all the things I do and knowing that other people are doing them as well is very motivational !

I would recommend the book so far, but not at full price, read the blog instead !


2 comments:

  1. I’ve ordered mine from the library. I read an interview with them and it raised some questions for me, such as why they’re still spending over 3k a month, and what they’re spending it on. I wasn’t prepared to pay for it full price either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your library copy when it comes ! I read a bit more after I wrote the blogpost and a few of our concerns are addressed at the start of the book, so I thought that it was good that she acknowledged that not everyone can do as they have done !

    ReplyDelete