Followers

Monday 19 March 2018

March Challenges 3


So it is the third week of my menu planning challenge. I only spent £6.08 at the supermarket on Friday and we have lots of food left, so much so that yesterday we had quite a funny lunch to try and eat up the leftovers ! Chocolate cake was part of it !

The meal on Saturday was not made as MissShoestring brought home pizza, garlic bread and 2 chocolate puddings. There was enough left for some people who shall be nameless, to eat some for breakfast ! Pizza for breakfast is not something I fancy but I suppose I should applaud the lack of waste!

The soup I made on Thursday night stretched to be part of the leftovers lunch on Sunday and MasterShoestring was out all day on Saturday so he didn't need lunch or supper that day, hence the leftover pizza on Sunday ! It's a good job we have a freezer so that I can keep all those ingredients I bought at the start of the month nice and fresh !

This week the plan looks like this :-

Monday pancakes, chicken sandwich, chicken potpie, leftover blackberry and apple pie

Tuesday boiled eggs and toast, leftover potpie, spaghetti bolognaise and strawberries

Wednesday scrambled eggs, cheese and pickle sandwich, quiche, potatoes, vegetable, steamed pudding

Thursday waffles, leftover quiche, soup and bread and cake

Friday toast, egg sandwich, spinach and potato curry, leftover cake.

This week I'm not going to make a plan for the weekend just yet but see what leftovers we have over the course of the week.

I've spent just under £140 so far this month and that includes school lunches. So well under the £170 budget and there is lots of food left for April when I shall really have to try and eat up all the fruit and vegetables in the freezer. The rhubarb is peeping through and reminding me of all the packets I still have !

No comments:

Post a Comment