Followers

Thursday 24 May 2018

Frugal Friday


Another quiet week recovering from being away over the weekend ! On Monday I made a slow cooker full of bolognaise sauce and that made three evening meals: spaghetti bolognaise on Monday; cottage pie on Tuesday and leftover cottage pie on Wednesday. It was so successful that I'm thinking of doing the same thing this Monday !

I spent only £6.67 at the supermarket this week and picked up a free newspaper and magazine whilst I was there. We also got a free Sunday paper and a free novel from the clearing out pile at an agency where I work. Together with a new, free subscription to 'Moneywise' magazine that should make sure that we have plenty to read ! Not to mention free books and magazines from the library, where I was able to collect the final two books in a trilogy which I had started with a book I got at a jumble sale. They were in stock already so no reservation fees, which was great !

Just as well that we have been utilising all the free entertainment options as we are well overspent in the PETROL budget category, probably due to all the commuting I'm doing for the counselling course. Since it is all at peak hours there are lots of hold ups and that is not good for petrol consumption ! I'm on holiday next week so that should save a bit !

Hope your frugal living is going well !

No comments:

Post a Comment