Followers

Monday 14 May 2018

Mental Health Awareness Week


This week is Mental Health Awareness Week. As a trainee counsellor good mental health is something I am very committed too and I know that money problems can contribute to poor mental health. So all this week I'm going to be highlighting positive ways of improving mental health !

If you are interested in knowing more then do have a look at the website :-

www.mentalhealth.org.uk

It is full of stories and ideas that can be helpful or used to start conversations with someone you are worried about. There is a great scheme which has just started in England to have a mental health first aider in every workplace just as you have a physical first aider. Similarly with schools there are plans to have at least one member of staff trained in mental health in every school. I'm currently doing volunteer counselling in a school so I know that these people are much needed !

The focus this week is on managing stress and I know from doing the quiz on the website that I am much less stressed doing my counselling training than I was previously, which only goes to show that there is always something you can do even if it means making radical changes !

What do you do to manage stress ?

No comments:

Post a Comment