Followers

Sunday 27 May 2018

Meal Planning for Half Term


With all of us home for half term I knew that I needed to plan for lunches and dinners this week instead of just dinners. It is also the final week of May and the grocery budget is all spent apart from £2 which I might use to get special ingredients for a birthday cake on Thursday. Planning means that I know the family won't just go to the fridge and eat a load of stuff I had planned for other meals !

Here's this week's plan :-

BREAKFAST - toast, yoghurt and granola, cereal, coffee, tea

LUNCH - waffles, beans on toast, picnic for a birthday, egg sandwiches, soup and bread, leftovers

DINNER - bacon spaghetti, beefburgers, chips and salad, gabriel potatoes in the slow cooker, pizza and salad, birthday choice, quiche, potatoes and courgettes, tortillas and salad

This should use up some stuff in the freezer and make sure that there is plenty to eat. I also have a snack plan which will be implemented once all the fruit muffins I made yesterday have been eaten.

Fingers crossed I can make it to Friday using this plan !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Just wondered what Gabriel potatoes were, sounds interesting especially in the slow cooker.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sliced potatoes layered with cheese sauce. I haven't made it before so hope it turns out alright!

    ReplyDelete