Followers

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Quick Cheese Sauce


The plan tonight is to make a quick macaroni cheese to use up the last of the homemade pasta which I got out of the freezer. As I'll be teaching until late I'll use this quick cheese sauce method rather than gradually adding the milk which often takes ages to stop the sauce going lumpy!

1oz butter
1oz flour
 450ml milk
ground pepper

Put all the items into a small pan and put on the heat. Whisk vigorously until the sauce starts to thicken, then take off the heat and add

3oz grated cheese

Stir the sauce until the cheese has all melted and then use as required. 

Tonight I'll start the pasta and the sauce at the same time so that both are ready at about the same time. The macaroni cheese will be served with some courgettes from the never-ending freezer stash !

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! We’re due for warm weather, finally, so I probably won’t be baking. I do love mac and cheese, though, my comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we think it is delicious too !

    ReplyDelete