Followers

Friday 11 May 2018

Frugal Friday


Quite a quiet week on the frugal living front as I have been so busy with other things ! We did manage a frugal barbecue over the holiday weekend and I only spent £6.47 on groceries.

When I was at the supermarket I got a free magazine and local paper. Similarly on Sunday we used a voucher to get a free Sunday paper, unfortunately there were no magazines with it this week, so a little less reading than usual !

On Saturday I went to the library and got some new books and although I was disappointed in a couple of them that was still plenty of reading for the week. MrShoestring finished the series he has been reading but has now got stuck into one of the books from the jumble sale, so that was a good buy ! I also downloaded a free ebook on frugal living and deleted a couple from my Amazon wish list having decided that most of the information is on the author's blog !

My prize book arrived and I managed to sell it on at a discount price. So as well as helping someone else get a cheaper copy I have a little towards buying a book I need for my course. I had noticed a few weeks ago that one of the towns I do some training in sells much cheaper petrol than round here and this week I was able to fill up the car there and thus save a few pounds !

The lettuce and rhubarb  in the garden are ready to pick this weekend so I can foresee an urgent need for salad to appear on the menu and to use up the last of the frozen rhubarb from last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment