Followers

Saturday 18 March 2017

A great free e-book service


So sorry for yesterday's post appearing under the one for Thursday ! I guess it really has been a very, busy week ! With all the appointments I have been very glad of my e-reader. I don't normally use it at home as I actually prefer the pages of a book. However, for travel, there are certain advantages. For a start, it is smaller and lighter than a paperback so it is easier to cram in my rucksack. It keeps your page when you suddenly have to jump off the train and there are so many free books available for it.

I am already starting to build up a holiday library so that when I have plenty of time to read I do not have to worry about running out of material. My favourite source is www.bookbub.com. You can set your preferences for different types of books and then receive a daily email telling you all about reduced books and where you can get them from. There are usually at least two which are free and sometimes more. I have noticed that often on a Friday there are no free books so make sure you check during the week or direct with the website. Another good thing about this website is that it has titles for all e-readers, not just the most popular ones and you can always download  free software for your computer which allows you to read e-books if you don't want to buy a device. We bought ours second- hand and they were very reasonable.

My other favourite source of free e-books is thekatesinghsite. Kate Singh writes e-books about frugal living and other interesting topics and usually has a free e-book once a month for a short period of time. They are a mine of information on keeping home cheaply and have a fun, chatty style.

I hope you find a free book you enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment