Followers

Saturday 4 March 2017

A Helpful Recipe Book


I have had a copy of this recipe book since we first got married but my old copy was falling apart so when it was re-issued I bought a new one. The recipes are not identical as they have been tweaked to take into account new healthy eating advice, so for instance the chicken curry recipe now has vegetables as the main ingredients !

We have been getting a bit bored with eating the same old things so when I was thinking about the menu plan for March I went to have a look through this book. I had forgotten how helpful it was. It includes lots of basic recipes like for white sauce and basic bread which are really good and always work. It also has a list of seasonal food, sample menu plans for 4 weeks which include 3 meals a day and snacks and a great index.

So far we have made two new recipes, the lentil, red onion and tomato flan and the mulligatawny soup. Both have been big hits with the family and the portion sizes have been so large for 4 that I have had enough leftovers for lunch the following day.

I prefer this book to the ones from Jack Munroe as these recipes always work out and have big servings. I have had quite a few recipes from 'A Girl Called Jack' and the second book which have not worked out properly and where the servings turned out smaller than I would have expected. So I think I shall pass those books on and keep on cooking with this trusty favourite !

Have you go a favourite frugal cookbook ?

No comments:

Post a Comment