Followers

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Forgiveness


Just finished this little book on the nature and necessity of forgiveness. Although I was interested personally it also got me thinking that we also have to forgive ourselves for all the little and big mistakes we make including those with money ! It is toe-curling to think of all the money I wasted when I was younger !

I'm old enough to have got a grant to go to university and I remember that I spend almost the entire amount the first term on ski equipment and cassette tapes ! I had to live on diet milkshakes for the final 6 weeks and although I lost weight I really don't ever want to have to worry about money for food ever again ! I still don't like milkshakes.

The book closes with a very striking story from the first world war, I won't say what it is in case you want to read the book but it does make the case that without forgiveness we are destined to repeat the mistakes from the past. I don't want to do that and I don't suppose you do either so go ahead, forgive yourself and others !

No comments:

Post a Comment