Followers

Monday 16 April 2018

April Challenge 3


So the April challenge is still going well and I only spent £11.63 on food this week. I did have to go over the shopping list a few times and make some substitutions and decide to wait until next week for a few things but I still think that we will be well fed.

Here is the menu for main meals this week:-

Sunday - Meatloaf, courgettes, roast potatoes, apple pie

Monday - Lentil lasagna, mixed vegetables, leftover apple pie

Tuesday - Vegetable curry, chapattis, chocolate cake

Wednesday - Beanburgers, buns, sweetcorn, leftover chocolate cake

Thursday - Leek and potato soup, bread and lemon cake

Friday - Homemade spinach and feta cheese pasta, tomato sauce, rhubarb crumble

I'm working late this week so the bean burgers, vegetable curry and pasta have already been made and put in the freezer for taking out later on. Then I'll add a few loaves of bread and some cakes whilst I'm at home today to help with quick meals later in the week. Being able to cook ahead means that we still save money on nights when I might be tempted to use convenience food. One of the interesting things about the challenge though is that no matter how much produce from the freezer we seem to use up there still seems to be lots in there !

No comments:

Post a Comment