Followers

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Jumble Sale Success !


On Saturday I drove to a neighbouring village which had to postpone its jumble sale because of the snow and it was a good one ! All the paperbacks were 40p and all the CDs were 20p ! I got 4 books including the one above. I really enjoy the Miss Read stories of village and school life and this Christmas compendium includes a few short stories which I haven't read. One of the books was in mint condition so that has been stored away in the gift cupboard.

There were other items in mint condition too, including a pair of wool socks and a silk scarf. I paid 40p for each of them and they have been popped in the gift cupboard as well. I broke the clothing ban and paid 40p each for a pair of brown tights and a brand new pair of slipper socks. They were such a bargain I couldn't resist !

I also got 6 CDs, one of which was no good as when I looked inside the case it contained 2 CDs which were not at all related to the front cover, so those have gone in the charity box and I have learned that you must open the case and check what is inside before buying ! The other 5 were fine and 2 of them have become my new favourites !

The final items I bought were some tiny figures for my course and a basket to make a birthday gift basket for someone. All told I spent £4.50 and purchased 16 items making an averaged cost of just over 28p an item. Which only goes to show that jumble sales are still worth it if you go to the good ones ! There are 2 more next weekend so I hope that I am just as lucky there !

4 comments:

  1. Well done, some really good bargains. Hardly any jumble sales around here....apparently the one held in the village hall is so good that people queue to get in. Unfortunately, we've not been able to get there yet, it always seems to happen on a day we're doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go a bit later after the queue has gone. I don't like all the pushing shoving you get at the start and I still got a few bargains.

      Delete
  2. I love those kind of sales! The thrill of the hunt can’t be beat. I take a list but I always find something that wasn’t on it. Thankfully, i don’t have the hoarder gene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I only bought one thing on my list ! But like you regularly declutter so there is no hoarding !

    ReplyDelete