Followers

Thursday 26 April 2018

Cooking, Biking and Surviving


The only time I have come across the Hairy Bikers was when I was looking for low calorie recipes for MrShoestring but on Saturday I saw their autobiography in the library and thought it looked interesting so got it and brought it home !

Well the story is far more riveting than any cookery programme I have ever watched. I finished it in 2 days and with renewed respect for them as people as well as cooks and travellers.

If you haven't read the book it is called " The Hairy Bikers. Blood Sweat and Tyres" and I would thoroughly recommend it. Now that it is finished I think that I shall keep an eye out for their other books and search to see if any of their old programmes are available to view.

It is always nice when you take a chance on something and then discover that there is a whole world of interest that you have overlooked, so I shall be looking into the world of the Hairy Bikers with a bit more interest from now on.

I shan't spoil the story for you in case you want to read the book but I will say that they have overcome a lot to get where they are today and I know their Hairy Dieters Club is helping a lot of men lose weight !

No comments:

Post a Comment