Followers

Friday 20 April 2018

Frugal Friday


The lovely weather has made it feel like Summer rather than the middle of April this week, so I have been feeling in a bit of a holiday mood, in spite of being the first week back after the holidays ! However, still plenty of money saving going on !

Last week's grocery shopping was under £12 in total but they did have good quality cheddar cheese on offer for £4.54 a kilogram, which is around 50p cheaper than the tasteless cheap cheddar so I got 2 packs, one for this week and one for next. Normally I would have stocked up and put some in the freezer, but decided to stick to the grocery challenge and only buy what I could fit into the challenge budget. I also got a free paper and magazine at the supermarket.

I fetched the next book in the series that MrShoestring is reading from a library in a neighbouring village when I was passing rather than pay a reservation fee. I also ordered cinema tickets using points from the Nielson shopping survey. They arrived this week, so we'll be picking out a film, I fancy the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society but we'll see what MrShoestring says !

For the very first time ever I made fresh homemade pasta. I don't have a pasta maker and cutting and filling all the little rounds and waiting for the pasta to be ready and then trying not to allow it to stick together took around 2 hours in total. Everyone said how delicious it was and the recipe did make a lot, but I'm not sure I have the stamina to try it again !

I earned enough Swagpoints to order another Amazon gift card and used it to buy an ebook and some cotton scrubby things that were recommended over on the Tracing Rainbows website. I want to see if they will be good for sink and bath cleaning rather than using sponges which have to be thrown away.

I had a great visit to a jumble sale and am looking forward to visiting 2 more this weekend. We also got a free Sunday paper and I gave MrShoestring a home haircut. This saved money and time ! We ate quite a few leftovers and I made some make ahead meals for the freezer to have on nights when I couldn't be home or was home late. This worked very well and I will definitely be doing it again next week.

How was your frugal week ?



No comments:

Post a Comment