Followers

Tuesday 24 April 2018

Good Reads


I did very well at the jumble sale on the book front and I am going to keep this pristine copy in the gift cupboard fro MrShoestring's birthday. It looks very exciting and interesting and once he has finished reading it, I can have a look !


I saw quite a few copies of this book at the sale and in the end got it to make up my selection to 5 books so I could get the special price of 5 books for £1 ! We have enjoyed CJ Sansom's historical thrillers so I hope the writing is just as good in this story about the Spanish Civil War.


I thought that I had read all Nevil Shute's books so I was intrigued to find this reprint of a story I have not heard about for based duringWorld War 2 in France. I am looking forward to reading it !


This was another book I had not read and MrShoestring enjoys Bill Bryson's writing too, so this will be enjoyed by both of us !


Finally, this Nora Roberts' romance will be saved for a time when other people eat chocolate or ice cream, sometime next holidays when I feel like a bit of escapism !

All this for a bit less than the cost of 2 lots of reservation fees at the library !





5 comments:

  1. I love your selection of books.
    I have a few books I keep for days when I want to switch off and not do a lot of thinking. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I was riveted by C J Sansom's historical novels.
    Winter in Madrid is very good but very different and harder to read
    I think that’s because it's of a more recent time and one can't disconnect
    From the subject matter in the same way. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue for sharing that, I shall try and remember what you said when I start it and if it's too hard to read there's always the Nora Roberts to fall back on !

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Gary ! It's great when you can get a good selection for a great price!

    ReplyDelete