Followers

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Spring Cleaning


It was so wet on Monday that I could not do any jobs outside and had to start the spring cleaning. I really I like sunny weather for cleaning as it helps dry the floors that you've washed, but at least it wasn't cold !

To do the spring cleaning I make a list of all the rooms in the house and declutter them first. Then starting at the far end of the house I work my way from one end to the other doing 3 rooms every day until it is finished. I don't do the ordinary cleaning, which is done weekly on Fridays, but all the deep cleaning tasks, such as clearing hair out of the shower drains and wiping down the skirting boards.

Cleaning carpets and washing outdoor windows and woodwork is done in the Summer holidays as I need the extra warmth, which we should have by then, to dry the carpets thoroughly. I also wash loose covers and curtains then, as the weather is so much better for drying. It's been raining most of the week, so I was glad that it's only sheets I have to dry !

I clean with just the things I have on hand, with warm water, washing up liquid and a micro fibre cloth being my favourites. I also attach a cloth to a broom using elastic bands to get the cobwebs in the hard to reach places. I thoroughly recommend the micro fibre cloths as you can get them in pound shops now and mean that you can clean very well without using products.

I use vinegar for hard water stains and a long lasting mop that you can wring out and dry for cleaning floors. This works well on our wood floors as you must not get them too wet and I can wring out the mop to just the correct degree of dampness.

I should have all the rooms done by the end of the week and I'm looking forward to having all the winter dust gone ! Then hopefully some nice weather for all the rest of the outdoor jobs ! Just lately I'be reading about quite a few frugal bloggers who have been hiring cleaners but I'd rather do it myself !

No comments:

Post a Comment