Followers

Sunday 13 March 2016

Pause in Lent


You are joined together with peace through the Spirit, so make every effort to continue together in this way. Ephesians 4:3

I have been thinking about this verse quite a lot this week and also thinking how hard it has been to put into practice over the centuries. I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that for Lent maybe I should fast from criticism and to some extent this has been possible to do, but what about when your neighbour needs some help to get back into the fold ? Is pointing out a fault alright when you still have so many of your own ? One way forward is recommended in the Bible when it suggests that if your neighbour will not listen to your own quiet voice that then 2-3 people should approach next and attempt to maintain the fellowship.

A recent situation has made all of the above very real to me and helped me to realise that even if we do not agree it is still possible to be kind and helpful. What a difference over the years such an attitude would have made in the history of religion ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment