Followers

Sunday 9 April 2017

A Pause in Lent


This is the final one in the series of A Pause in Lent as next week it is Easter Sunday ! I have used the series to highlight some little known charities which are making a big difference in improving people's lives. However, I know that not everyone has money to spare so I thought that I would devote this week's post to ways you can support without giving money directly.

The first site to have a look at it is:-

http://thehungersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ths/home

This amazing site counts the number of clicks people make and then donates accordingly. There are a huge number of causes you can support on this site from giving food to the hungry to saving the rainforest and supporting literacy programmes. You can only click on each cause once a day but collectively this allows a lot of good to be done and is one of the sites I visit every day.

The other thing I do to give without money is fill in surveys on Swagbucks and YouGov. When you reach a pay out amount of points you can select a charitable cause to give the money to instead of receiving a gift card. There are quite a number of schemes like this around but I find the two above the most reliable.

I wish you a wonderful Sunday and if you are in the UK, get out and about to make the most of the amazing weather !







No comments:

Post a Comment