Followers

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Tour around the Garden

Lots of things are coming up in the garden and I'm hopeful that it will produce more for us this year.


Firstly, the rhubarb is romping away. I don't normally pick any until the stems are a bit pinker, but it looks as if it will be a bumper crop.


The apple blossom is just starting to bloom and I've got my fingers crossed that we don't get any frost to ruin it !


The pear blossom is even further along than the apple and as it was a poor crop last year I hope that we will do a bit better this Autumn. We also have blueberries in bloom and the blackcurrants, raspberries and gooseberries are also looking very healthy. The strawberries already have a few flowers on them. which makes me a bit nervous as I know we could still get a frost. MrShoestring and I have been looking out the garden fleece just in case !


The lettuce seedlings which we have had under a cold frame are doing very well and so far no slugs !


The tomatoes, which we started in January are also doing well in the polytunnel, so I have high hope of a good crop this year !


Seeds are sprouting in all the beds which we planted up last week, so we are feeling that the garden is well in hand. Here's hoping that it continues !

How is your garden doing ?






2 comments:

  1. Its all looking lovely, hope you have lots of lovely produce x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I'm hoping that as well ! More updates later in the season !

    ReplyDelete