Followers

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Jumble Sale Haul 2


I was very fortunate at the jumble sale on Saturday to find 4CDs still in their original plastic shrink-wrap, meaning that they must be brand new. These are very easy to post and make nice presents so I always like to have a few in the gift cupboard. I got Verdi's Requiem, some Gregorian chants, a Brahms and Hadyn mixed programme from the Czech Philharmonic and Rachmaninov's Vespers. Those were all the new ones and have been put away for presents.

I also got a boxed set of 4CDs of Ella Fitzgerald as I love her voice. Then a 3 CD set of Nature symphonies with lots of different classical music from Beethoven to Sibelius. A 3CD set of Billie Holiday, as I think she has a great voice too and finally a Baroque collection from Classic FM and a CD of Acker Bilk.

I had been going to put some of these back, but the guy on the stall said that I could have the lot for £5 which meant I was paying just over 31p a CD so then I decided that was too good a bargain to miss ! I have already listened to the Acker Bilk and the Baroque collection so am looking forward to further musical treats over the coming weeks !

There are no more jumble sales advertised for a while now so I am glad that I am all stocked up with new music and books !

Have you had any luck with bargains lately ?

No comments:

Post a Comment