Followers

Monday 20 June 2016

Saving the Chicken !


Yesterday this was NOT what my chicken looked like ! I had decided to seal in the juices before I put it in the slow cooker, so popped it into the frying pan in some hot fat. The fat was not quite hot enough so the chicken did not begin to sizzle when I put it in. I went to the other side of the kitchen poured a glass of apple juice and went outside to chat to Mr Shoestring about planting some herbs, fully intending to go back in and turn over the chicken once I heard it sizzling !

Oh dear, the next thing I heard from the kitchen was the smoke alarm !! I had completely forgotten about the chicken ! The kitchen was full of smoke. I wanted to throw the chicken away, Mr Shoestring thought that it was only singed and that he could cut away the singed bits of skin and still put the rest of the bird in the slow cooker !

He was right and it worked, even the pan was not too bad once I put it in the sink to soak. I must remember that getting distracted is NOT frugal !!

No comments:

Post a Comment