Followers

Saturday 22 July 2017

Vegan Chocolate Banana Cake


This is a lovely cake for the weekend and was certainly polished off quick in this household !

10oz self-raising flour
2oz cocoa powder
8oz sugar
1 cup oil
1/2 pint water
1 mashed banana

Mix all the ingredients together and place in a greased 9 in square or round tin. It makes quite a lot of mixture so you might want to use 2 tins depending on how deep they are. (If you do make 2 then you can sandwich them with buttercream icing afterwards which is good for a special occasion.)

Bake for 40 minutes at Gas Mark 5 or 180C. Leave to cool in the tin and enjoy !

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe, I will try it out later but will make a cup of coffee to use rather than water, I do like a hint of coffee in chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh... this sounds lovely! Thank you! I will try this. There are always bananas sitting in the freezer. No oil and eggs are an extra bonus.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no eggs but it does take a whole cup of oil so if you are trying to cut down I would try 1/2 cup apple sauce and 1/2 cup oil. If you miss it out altogether the cake will be a bit dry !

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I just re-read and saw the blunder. I would cut the oil so thank you for that.
      Debbie

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds wonderful.
    I have a visitor coming next week so a good excuse for a baking session.
    What sort of oil do you usually use?
    I use olive oil in my bread but think it might be too dense and strongly flavoured for this. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think olive oil would be too strong, we use sunflower oil and that works great !

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Sue

      Delete