Followers

Saturday 7 January 2017

Keep on Frugaling !


So with this week's shopping I was very conscious about trying to keep it as low as possible. I ran MissShoestring to the station, as she has already been contacted by a headhunter and after that headed to Tesco to see if they had any reductions. Well they had clearly over-bought on vegetables this week as I got 4 cabbages for 1 penny each ! Then I got 4 tubs of coleslaw for 7p each, 10 kgs of new potatoes for £1 and 6 pints of milk for £1.20. A grand total of £2.52 in there !

Then I went and bought fruit in the Co-op and scored 10 jerk chicken pasties for 19p each. These were allergen free and capable of being frozen, so they will come in handy for lunches next week. So the total spend for the week was £8.90 ! This is really good for us and I do not normally do so well with the yellow-stickered bargains so I suppose lots of people are not buying as much this month. I hope we can keep it up ! Simple Living 31 always has great pictures of the reductions she has got and I am very happy to have been able to find a few myself today !

No comments:

Post a Comment