Followers

Wednesday 25 January 2017

Menu Planning to the end of the month


I have just over £15 left in the grocery budget until the end of the month. So, I have amended the menu plan to make sure that we can last to the end of the month without going over. I still need to put some money on MasterShoestring's lunch account for next Monday and Tuesday so that takes it down to around £10. I will need to buy some rice milk and some cheese so after that I will be spending on the cheapest possible fruit and vegetables to round out the meals I have planned.

Today - birthday party, fish and chips, a treat paid for by the children as part of the birthday present

Thursday - homemade lentil and tomato soup with homemade rolls and jam suet pudding

Friday - barbecue beef stew with potatoes and carrots, peach crumble

Saturday - homemade tortillas and beans, homemade vanilla coconut ice cream (I'll have to remember to make this beforehand !)

Sunday - homemade beef and onion suet pudding, potatoes, buttered cabbage, homemade apple and blackberry pie

Monday - homemade pizza and salad, leftover apple and blackberry pie

Tuesday - baked potatoes and toppings, rhubarb crumble

Breakfasts - pancakes, cereal or toast

Lunches - soup and sandwiches and fruit

Phew ! I think that we can make it !!

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds very comforting, even as you are trying to conserve. I admit, the suet pudding sounds rather interesting, I have never heard of it before. Just a few days to go before the end of the month. Happy Birthday to whoever is having a birthday :) Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suet pudding is very British ! A sort of steamed sponge but with suet for the fat instead of butter or margarine. Thank you for the birthday greetings ! It sounds very cold where you are !

    ReplyDelete