Followers

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Learning something new for the New Year


This picture shows MrShoestring getting ready to take a picture at the top of Mount Washington last Summer. He has a digital camera and so do I, but I only know how to point and shoot whereas he know all about F stops and other fancy stuff !

I would really like to know how to use my camera to take photos for the blog and also to be able to change the format of some of our old photos so we can share them with family. So that is something new I would like to learn. I'm also finally going to try and learn to knit socks ! It has been on my to-do list for the past 2 years and it would be good if this year was finally the year that I did it. MasterShoestring knows how to knot socks and gloves, so it really is time I learned ! I would also like to get back to playing the violin and piano as this is something which has gone by the wayside through being so busy these last few years. 

So this year I am resolving to learn more about those 4 things and then if there is time I might do some more research into family history. I last did this nearly 15 years ago and there are so many more resources out there now. I would also like to learn how to use the pressure cooker properly. I used it a few times was impressed and then went back to my old ways. I would like to be so confident about using it that it will be just as easy as the slow cooker !

Phew ! That is a lot of new things to try, so that should keep me busy for a bit ! Are you going to learn something new this year ?

No comments:

Post a Comment