Followers

Thursday 27 October 2016

Charity Shop Haul


I do not shop in charity shops as often as I used to as the quality has declined and the prices have increased. I like jumble sales better now but it has been half term so I have had the chance just to look through a few.

Yesterday I did really well. The first prize goes to a brand new pair of thermal capris in small mens size which will fit me fine and only cost £1. These were not only cheap but will help to save on the cost of heating during the winter !


The second prize find was a copy of this book at £1.99. I have wanted a copy for ages and have borrowed it a few times from the library. Brand new it costs nearly fifteen pounds and with so many other gardening books I couldn't really justify the cost. One 99 is much more reasonable !


The final good find was a copy of this book on jams and preserves by Val and John Harrison. It only cost £1 and has an excellent recipe for damson cheese and one for apple butter made from crab apples. We have plenty of both and I didn't fancy all the palaver of making crab apple jelly so the apple butter will make a great substitute. I have another book by the Harrisons about Low Cost Living which I find really useful so I'm sure this one about preserves will be too !



No comments:

Post a Comment